QUOTES FOR MOTHER
- “A mother is your first friend, your best friend, your forever friend.” —Unknown
- “When you are looking at your mother, you are looking at the purest love you will ever know.” —Charley Benetto
- “Mother is the heartbeat in the home; and without her, there seems to be no heart throb.” —Leroy Brownlow
- “Mothers are like glue. Even when you can’t see them, they’re still holding the family together.” —Susan Gale
- “My Mother: She is beautiful, softened at the edges and tempered with a spine of steel. I want to grow old and be like her. ” —Jodi Picoult
- “Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children.” —William Makepeace Thackeray
- “Motherhood is the exquisite inconvenience of being another person’s everything.” —Unknown
- “Only mothers can think of the future because they give birth to it in their children.” —Maxim Grosky
- “My mother was my role model before I even knew what that word was.” —Lisa Leslie
- “To describe my mother would be to write about a hurricane in its perfect power.” —Maya Angelou
- “Motherhood is the biggest gamble in the world. It is the glorious life force. It’s huge and scary – it’s an act of infinite optimism.” —Gilda Radner
FUNNY MOTHERS DAY QUOTES
- “Any mother could perform the jobs of several air-traffic controllers with ease.” —Lisa Alther
- “A mother is a person who, seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie.” —Tenneva Jordan
- “An ounce of mother is worth a ton of priest.” —Spanish Proverb
- “A mom forgives us all our faults, not to mention one or two we don’t even have.” —Robert Brault
- “In the end, mothers are always right. No one else tells the truth.” —Randy Susan Meyers
- “God could not be everywhere, and therefore he made mothers.” —Rudyard Kipling
- “Any mother could do the jobs of several air traffic controllers with ease” —Lisa Alther
- “If evolution really works, how come mothers have only two hands?” —Milton Berle
- “There is only one pretty child in the world, and every mother has it.” —Chinese Proverb
- “Mom, I love you, even though I’ll never accept your friend request.” —Unknown
Happy Mothers Day Poems
~ AnonMy Mother, my friend so dear
Throughout my life you’re always near.
A tender smile to guide my way
You’re the sunshine to light my day.
A Mother’s Love
~ AnonOf all the special joys in life,
The big ones and the small,
A mother’s love and tenderness
Is the greatest of them all.
~ AnonThere is no blessing
Quite so dear…
As a mom like you
To love year after year.
Shortest Mother’s Day Poem
~ Forest HoutenschilYou’re my mother,
I would have no other!
A Wish for You
~ AnonJust one little wish for you, Mom,
But it’s loving and happy and true-
It’s a wish that the nicest and best things
Will always keep coming to you!
~ AnonThe heart of a home is a mother
Whose love is warm and true,
And home has always been “sweet home”
With a wonderful mother like you!
God Created Mothers
~Holly GiffersWhen God created mothers,
All as lovely as can be,
He made one extra special,
And saved her just for me!
~ AnonHere’s wishing you a Mothers Day
That’s filled with every pleasure,
And a future that’s as happy
As the memories you treasure!
Put Up With Me
~Holly GiffersI’m glad that you’re my mother,
Kind and caring and strong.
Coz surely no-one else,
Could have put up with me this long!
Thank The Lord
~Holly GiffersEvery day I thank The Lord
Oh yes I really do,
For giving me a mother,
As sweet and kind as you!
~Holly GiffersGod gives us everything,
His wisdom, strength, and love,
He also gave me you mom,
And I thank the stars above!